Currently house hunting in Chennai. Looking for a rented house and it doesn’t seem to be an easy task. Felt it was easier in Bangalore😦..
Prepared the following checklist for self and my friends/relatives who are helping me with the search. It is helping us filter houses easily. May be useful for you too in future (with your own alterations).
Also, Please inform me if you get to know of vacant houses available for rent in the areas below.
- Preferred area: Thiruvanmiyur, Velachery, Adyar (Chennai). Any residential area near (<5kms) Tidel park.
- House type: 2BHK (Individual house or Apts)
- Budget: 12K max
- Car parking: Mandatory
- Borewell and Metro water availability: Mandatory
- Furnishing required: Water heaters – nice to have. Basic electrical fittings – Mandatory.
- Balcony: Nice to have
- Ventilation: Mandatory
- Floor preference: First floor, if above should have lift
- Shops close proximity: Nice to have
- Nearby (<5km) hospital: Mandatory
- Wardrobes: Mandatory
- Neighbours preference: Family
- Safety (House locks etc, Security arrangements): Mandatory