June 26th marked the beginning of my third year in Y! as an employee. Its been a mental metamorphosis. Looking back at what I’ve learnt and what I’ve accomplished, I’m 80% satisfied. In the industry, I guess this is just a great number :).
The things I’ve enjoyed the most here:
1. Fresher’s party – that was fun. We guys got together after two years for a quick chat. It was great and touching.
2. Work – It has been great. I’ve worked on a wide range of technologies. The amount of discussions (and fight at times) shows the intensity of the work and the passion of my colleagues.
3. Team – It is pure luck I’ve landed in this team. It has grown from 4 to 14 in a couple of years. Proud to have played a role in the expansion (rather, a explosion). These guys are real techies, fun loving and very dynamic.
4. Hack days – The culture of hack days is very catchy. We get 24 hrs off our work every quarter to develop our idea to working product/prototype and demo it to the company. The energy level during this day is electrifying!! It happened this thurs/friday and 3 of us had a 36 continous non-sleep hours (and a lot of other Yahoo!s too).
5. Pride – the pride of working in Yahoo! is always thr
6. Of course, the number of t-shirts they give 😉